Travel and Exhibition Permits

Travel & Exhibition Permits

Permits are required by Hockey Alberta to ensure that players are properly insured during all travel and exhibition games. Failing to obtain proper permits for your team's events could result in serious suspension of coaches/and or managers, and means that players are not insured.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING A TEAM Exhibition game or an away tournament, AND ARE UNSURE IF A PERMIT IS REQUIRED, please ASK!!!!

Please do not wait until the last minute to apply for your permit, you may not get it in time, and therefore would not be able to attend your planned event. It is advisable to give a minimum of 72 business hours for the registrar to process permit requests.

All DMHA teams must have a Travel Permit if they are playing an away Exhibition or Tournament game outside of Zone 4.

You do NOT have to apply for a travel permit for League or Provincial Games (see Note).

The following associations are within Hockey Alberta's Zone 4:

Devon Calmar
Thorsby Leduc
Warburg Millet
Rimbey Maskwacis
Ponoka Clive
Bentley Lacombe
Rocky Mountain House Eckville
Blackfalds Sylvan Lake
Red Deer Spruceview
Caroline Innisfail


Note: Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Wabamun and Drayton Valley are NOT in Zone 4).


If you are re-scheduling a league or provincial game with these towns, please email for a permit, as the original sanctioned date will no longer be valid.

Click below to view the Hockey Alberta Zone 4 Map (DMHA belongs to Zone 4):

Hockey Alberta, Minor Hockey Zones Map 



Hockey Alberta requires all teams hosting and Exhibition Game to obtain a host permit (sanction number). Please provide this sanction number (permit number) to the team you have invited to play as it will be required information for the invited team to request their travel permit.

Teams playing in an away exhibition game do not need a host game permit, but will however, require a travel permit if the game is outside their zone.

Any team hosting an Exhibition Game is required to write the permit/sanction number at the top of the game sheet.

Following the game, the host team manager must send the game sheet (and any referee reports) to the Hockey Alberta Zone 4 Discipline/Sanctioning Co-ordinator, within 24 hours of your game (or less if there is a referee report).

The contact for Zone 4 is:

Daryl Pickering

Phone: 403-598-7255


To obtain an Home Exhibition Host Permit or Travel Permit for
your team, managers must email, a permit request form along with the following information:

Team Level: Initiation, Novice, Atom, Peewee, Bantam, or Midget
Division: Tier 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5
Date: _________________
Location: _______________________
Number of Games: (or details of event attending)
Host Team Sanction Number: (for traveling to an exhibition game or tournaments)

The Registrar will then apply to Hockey Alberta for the permits on behalf of your team. Please give a minimum of 72 business hours’ notice to allow the Registrar and Hockey Alberta time to process the request.

Once issued by Hockey Alberta, ALL APPROVED permits will be emailed to the DMHA Registrar; the DMHA Registrar will then e-mail the team contact the permit number and approval.

If you have any questions regarding permits, please contact:

Nicole Howatt , DMHA Registrar
Cell: 780-266-6627

                            ** Permit Request Forms must be completed and submitted to the registrar before a permit can be issued